Student Worksheet for General Education Requirements is available for students and advisors to track progress towards graduation.
Hiram College students are candidates for a Bachelor of Arts degree, which requires completion of 120 or more semester hours, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing, which requires 133 or more semester hours. Graduate students who are candidates for a Master of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies are required to complete 30 semester hours.
Both the BA and the BSN degrees require a cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.00. In addition, students must attain a cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 in their major field of study and minor field (where applicable). Each department calculates departmental GPA differently; please check with the Department Chair for the particulars. The degree is awarded upon successful completion of all coursework and fulfillment of all requirements.
We consider each student to be responsible for fulfilling the current graduation requirements. Faculty advisors and the Registrar's Office can provide assistance in explaining the graduation requirements.
In addition to meeting the above Degree Completion Requirements, all traditional undergraduate Hiram College students must complete a major (a minor is not required) and fulfill the following General Education Requirements:
- First-Year Colloquium
- First-Year Seminar
- Hiram Connect (Effective Fall 2015 for all new students)
- Core Curriculum Requirements
- Creative Methods (CM)
- Interpretive Methods (IM)
- Modeling Methods (MM)
- Experimental Scientific Methods (SM)
- Social and Cultural Analysis Methods (CA)
- Experiencing the World (EW)
- Understanding Diversity in the United States (UD)
- Meaning, Ethics, and Social Responsibility (ES)
- The Interdisciplinary Requirement
- Independent Capstone Experience
- Fulfill the Foreign Language Requirement, completion through 102. (Effective Fall 2012 for all new students)
For more detail on each requirement, please see The Hiram College Catalog.
Additional information on majors can be views at Majors/Minors/Advisors page.