March 19-April 9, 2014
The 2014 Annual Juried Student Art Show is on display through April 9, and winners of the awards have been announced as the following:
- The Alex and Tamara Brady Pendleton Best in Show Award ($250): series of six photographs by Niesha Zeigler ’14 (art major)
- The Paul A. Rochford Award for excellence ($150): pair of photographs by Emily Packer ’14 (creative writing major)
- The Ellen Jagow Award for Painting ($150): a body of work , oil painting on canvas and board by Dawn Richards ’14 (art major)
- The Abigail Flint Award for Photography ($150): pair of photographs by Lydia Snyder ’14 (art/theatre arts double major)
- The Award for Outstanding Work by Freshmen or Sophomore ($150): pair of photographs by Rachel Buchleitner ’16 (art major)
- Juror’s Mention ($50): Abbey Corbett ’14 (art major), Colin Guérand ’17, and Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
- The Art History Book Award: A’Dreus Young ’14 (art major)
- The Pia Gallo ’78 Print Award: Elle Rochford ’14 (art major)
Many of the pieces are on sale and can be purchased through the Art Department.
The Art Gallery is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by appointment.
Directions to Hiram College can be found at http://www.hiram.edu/about/map. For additional information, please call the Hiram College Art Department at 330-569-5304.