This beautiful, historic building built in 1936 and named after former president Bates. It originally housed the administrative offices of campus and sits on the site of the former YMCA building.
The building is currently home to the student life offices, the psychology department, the service center and faculty from the communications department.
The building holds two beautiful performance facilities, Warren Sherman Hayden Memorial Auditorium, a 515-seat proscenium theatre with a flexible thrust stage, a computerized lighting system, and scenery and costume storage; and Drury Hall, a 50-seat rehearsal theatre and studio classroom. Both were renovated in 2015.