Alumni Heritage Room
The Alumni Heritage Room is used as a classroom and to host events and activities. Located in Teachout-Price, find out what the Alumni Heritage Room was originally used for at this Northeast Ohio liberal arts college.
Following a fire that largely destroyed the original Teachout-Cooley Library of Hiram College in 1939, a newer, more modern building was erected with a main reading room on the lower floor and a browsing room above. In 1995, when the Hiram College Library moved to new quarters on the other side of the campus, the main reading room became the Alumni Heritage Room, as it is today.
The development of the Alumni Heritage Room as a site to reflect the history of Hiram College through the personal stories of its graduates was made possible by a significant gift from Frederick William Martin ’64 in honor of his brother, James Kirby Martin, Ph.D. ’65, distinguished scholar and professor of American history.
Visiting the Alumni Heritage Room
Do you have questions about the Alumni Heritage Room or about attending one of the Northeast Ohio liberal arts college events in the Alumni Heritage Room? Stop by anytime (visitor and handicap parking is available along Hinsdale Street) or contact the Welcome Center at 330-569-6030. The address is 11715 Garfield Road, Teachout-Price, Hiram, Ohio, 44234.