If you are going on a Hiram faculty-led study abroad trip during a three week, trips cost, on average, approximately $5000 above the cost of tuition. There are some trips that cost up to $7800 and some as low as $3900. That seems like a lot of money, but there are several options available to you!
- Hiram offers study abroad scholarships. These are need-based scholarships and require you to complete an application and an essay. The amounts vary depending on the number of students who apply for aid each semester. To learn more about these scholarships, visit our Financial Aid and Scholarship page. Ready to apply for the scholarship? Check out the application here.
- Need help just paying for your passport? We can help you with that too! Contact Brittany Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-569-5380) with questions for this process!
- Outside scholarships! Do a search for “study abroad scholarships” and a plethora of information comes up! Just be sure to watch if they have minimum length of stays for studying abroad. Some may say a minimum of a month, and in that case, Hiram’s three week sessions would not qualify. There are plenty that do not have a minimum length of stay! We have also placed a list on our Financial Aid and Scholarship page for you to peruse.
- Consider asking your local Rotary or Kiwanis Clubs or religious organizations to sponsor you. They may be willing to do sponsor you if you are willing to come back and do a presentation on your experience.
- Create a GoFundMe account and ask your friends and families for donations.
- Increasing your loans. This is a possibility and you would need to talk with Hiram College’s Financial Aid office to learn more. While this isn’t the best option in the long-term, it may help make a life-changing experience possible.
These are just a few options to help you generate the additional funds to make your study abroad trip more manageable! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to the Study Away Coordinator, Brittany Jackson at email@example.com or 330.569.5380.