Image: Student studying
Resume, Cover Letters and Interview Tips
At Hiram College, we value excellent writing and work to engage you in developing strong skills. Now you will have a chance to use them to write focused resumes and persuasive cover letters!
- For every job or internship that you apply to, submit both a cover letter and resume.
- Attend one of our resume workshops in the fall or spring semesters for help creating or tweaking a resume. Schedule an appointment with Career & Community Engagement for resume and/or cover letter review.
What is the number one skill that employers value in new college graduates? Strong communication skills. Learning to convey your skills, interests, and experiences to a potential employer in a clear confident manner is crucial to a successful internship and job search.
Career & Community Engagement Offers:
- Mock interviewing assistance by scheduled appointment or drop-in visit.
- Interviewing etiquette workshops.
- Resources on how to successfully interview in-person, on the phone, or via video-conferencing technology.