Hiram College: a Great Place for Pennsylvania Students
Looking for an affordable college where you can get the classes you need and the personal attention you deserve in a beautiful and safe environment? Hiram College in Northeast Ohio could be the choice for you. There is no better time than your collegiate years to move out of state for a while and try something new and exciting. Hiram College offers a close-knit, safe learning environment. And a new scholarship package makes this ideal private college experience affordable.
THE PENNSYLVANIA MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
The Hiram College Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship is a four-year scholarship package offered to qualified Pennsylvania residents. Aimed at passionate and intellectually curious learners, recipients will have a strong academic record, but consideration is based on more than GPA alone. In fact, this program specifically seeks interesting, well-rounded students who are successful inside and outside the classroom.
With the Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship, tuition, fees, and room and board total just $26,000 each year for the four years it takes to complete a Hiram College degree. We guarantee that your out-of-pocket price stays constant for four years, and that you will be able to take the classes you need to graduate in that time frame!
Imagine the peace of mind you will have knowing:
- Your out-of-pocket price stays constant for all four years, and you can graduate as early as May 2023*
- Your out-of-pocket degree costs come close or beat most universities in Pennsylvania
- You receive an iPad Pro for coursework, and you own it if you retain until graduation
- You are guaranteed to complete an internship, research project, or study away trip
- Your professors will know you on a personal level
- Most of your classes will have less than 15 students in them
*graduation dependent on the satisfaction of all graduation requirements.
FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY
- Students will be considered for the Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship if they have:
- Passed Pennsylvania A-G courses with a C or better; earned a cumulative 3.3 high school GPA
- Scored 1050 or higher on the SAT or 22 or higher on the ACT
- Have been involved in at least one of the following:
- a high school club or organization
- a high school or community athletic team
- a high school or regional band, choir and/or theater production
- community service or volunteer work
Published costs of a hiram college education before the Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship
|Tuition and Fees||$37,710**|
|Room and Board||$10,290|
|Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship||-$22,000|
|Total Cost With Merit Scholarship||$26,000***|
** Based on fall 2019 tuition.
*** Must meet eligibility requirements. Includes room/board/comprehensive fee. 98% of students receive some form of financial aid.
Additional financial aid may be available depending on family resources.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- The Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship does not include books, personal expenses, transportation or other incidental fees (study abroad, graduation fee, single room, etc.)
- Students must live on campus for all four years. The scholarship provides for a standard double room with a roommate.
- The Pennsylvania Merit Scholarship may not be combined with other institutional merit scholarships or affiliation grants.
- Hiram College Admissions undertakes a holistic application review process. The admission staff considers all applicants for merit scholarships based on academic excellence, extracurricular distinction, personal motivation and character. A separate application is not required.