Image: Students in the residence halls
HOUSING SELECTION PROCESS 2022 – 2023
- All rooms on campus will be available except those set aside as needed for medical accommodation, incoming first year students (first year floors, and sections on floors), and other needs determined by the Residential Education and Commuter Services Office.
- Students will be grouped according to Earned Credit hours completed at the end of the fall 2021 semester. Any current seniors anticipating a need for housing the following year, for example, fifth year seniors, must get prior approval from Residential Education, as well as the Registrar.
- Group A: 90+ Earned Credit Hours or more
- Group B: 56-89 Earned Credit Hours
- Group C: 24-55 Earned Credit Hours
- Group D: 0-23 Earned Credit Hours
- Groupings will be announced via Student Portal on February 18, 2022. Students will be encouraged to double check their group. All questions must be received in writing to the Residential Education and Commuter Services Office by February 25th, 2022 at 5 pm.
- The Earned Credit hour total that students have at the end of the Fall 2021 semester will serve as the student’s lottery number. Students can find their Earned Credit hour total by looking at their academic transcript in my.hiram.edu.
- If a student is signing up for a double room on campus, the roommate with the higher number “pulls in” roommate(s) with a lower selection number.
- Rooms must be filled to capacity.