Funding You Board
Image: Students waving on Campus
Funding You Board (FYB) is an organization that has the sole purpose of allocating and managing funds for each of the student organizations around campus that are approved for funding by Student Senate. The FYB website has all the important information regarding check requests, funding, and meeting times.
Funding You Board meetings occur once per month and are a way for clubs and student organizations as well as individuals to request funding for events that were not included in their additional budget request. To attend a FYB meeting, submit the forms below by the Friday prior to the meeting.
Funding You Board Meetings:
- Sunday, February 5 @ 10:00am -11:00am via Zoom
- Sunday, March 5 @ 10:00am-11:00am via Zoom
- Sunday, April 2 @ 10:00am-11:00am via Zoom
Spring Allocation Meeting
- Sunday, January 15 @ 10:00am-11:00am via Zoom
- BUDGETS DUE JANUARY 13 BY 5:00pm
What you need to do before you come to a Funding You Board Meeting:
- Review the Funding You Board Guidelines to ensure all items on your proposed budget are able to be funded. Be sure to pay attention to the Sustainability and Accessibility Checklist to make your event as inclusive as possible.
- Complete the Reserve Funding Request Wufoo Form. Make sure you select the meeting date and time you would like to attend. All meetings will be conducted on the dates above via Zoom.
- Attach this Funding Request Excel Sheet to the Wufoo form.
- You will receive an email from the VP of Finance detailing your time to meet on that Sunday.
- You meet with them and then they will determine if your event should be funded or not.
Funding You Board Guidelines – Student Handbook:
In order to be a successful club, all officers and individuals requesting money from the Funding You Board must read and be familiar with the FYB guidelines.
Spring Allocation Meeting (For Spring 2023):
Fill out the following form to request a budget for the Fall 2022 semester. Only LEVEL 2 and 3 clubs must request a budget.
These forms must be filled out during the Fall allocation cycle:
- Club Activation and Constitution Form
- Meeting and Event Proposal Form
- Club Budget Proposal Form
- LEVEL Budget Allocation Sheet (Attach to Club Budget Proposal Form)
Complete this form for all check requests for clubs who have an approved budget for the semester or have received funds from the Funding You Board. Be sure to keep all receipts and submit them to the VP of Finance within one week following the event.
Check Requests must be submitted by Tuesday at 3:00pm to be available for pickup by the following Wednesday by 3:00 pm. Physical Check Request forms are available outside of the Student Senate office.
Allocation of Receipts:
Receipts must be turned in within one week of the event. Physical receipts can be returned in an envelope clearly labeled with the club name and event in the hanging wall folder outside of the Student Senate office. Digital copies of receipts may be turned in within the Wufoo form below.
How much do i have left in my budget?:
We encourage all clubs to track their spending throughout the semester using the following Club Tracking Sheet. If a club needs clarification on how much is left in their budget they can contact the Funding You Board with their club name questions about their budget amount.
Fill out this form if you would like to petition to become a higher LEVEL club. The club LEVEL breakdown can be found in the Funding You Board – Student Handbook. This petition will be reviewed by the Funding You Board and either approved or denied.
How to be considered an active club:
You must be considered an active club to receive approval of your allocated budget from Funding You Board. To be considered an active club, you must:
- Have a club representative attend President’s Round Tables. Spring 2023 President’s Round Table meetings will take place on January 13, February 3, and March 3.
- Complete all necessary Wufoo Forms on time.
- Have your club’s Executive Board members for the year to come, upload an updated constitution, and upload a budget request to the necessary Wufoo forms found above.
If there are any other questions feel free to send an email to email@example.com or to me directly at Cebullamm@hiram.edu.
Mason Cebulla, VP of Finance
MEMBERS OF FUNDING YOU BOARD:
- Vice President of Finance, Student Senate – Mason Cebulla (Chair)
- Vice President of Activities, Student Senate – Mackenzie Flaherty (Vice-Chair)
- Senate Representative –
- Senate Representative –
- Scarborough School of Business & Communication Representative –
- School of Health, Education, Sustainability, & Society – Trey Saunders
- School of Arts, Humanities, & Politics –
- School of Science & Technology –