Event Planning Resources
Image: Students waving on campus
EVENT PLANNING RESOURCES
Need help planning an event, below you will find all you need to know about planning a successful event here at Hiram!
Planning An Event
- Backward Calendar – Planning an event? Learn how to work backwards!
- Planning a successful event
- Event Accessibility Checklist
- Event Accessibility Guide
Need to Request Funds?
- Need to request money for a new event or access money that you have budgeted for the year?
- Check out the Funding You Board Website: http://www.hiram.edu/involvement/funding-you-board
- Would you like to have your information sent out to all of campus via email? Fill out this Wufoo and attach a JPEG of your event poster: https://hiram.wufoo.com/forms/mass-email-marketing-form/
- Media Center Policy for Student Organizations
- Henry Field Usage Policy
- Student Leadership Center Policy
- Hiram College General Posting Policies and Procedures
Reserve the Space
- Event and Space Reservation Form – Need to reserve a space on campus for your event?
- Policy on Alcohol at Events/Registration Form – Throwing a party with alcohol? You must fill out a party form!
- Student Leadership Center Reservation Request Form
- Liability Waiver Form – Traveling somewhere? Your students must fill out waivers!
- Hiram College 2021-2022 Excursion Registration Policy:To improve communication and to better coordinate the volume of off-campus excursions that we anticipate will occur as we return to a more active college campus in the coming 2021-2022 school year, except for official study away programs and Athletic travel, all excursions using College vehicles will require official registration through the Office of Campus Involvement. Examples of excursions include but are not limited to travel sponsored by clubs and organizations, class related activities, events sponsored by offices and departments, travel for intramural contests, off campus service projects, travel to internships, clinicals, and student teaching.The process to register an event is outlined below:1. Make the normal arrangements for your excursion such as securing funding, making off campus reservations, coordinate an interest/sign up list, reserve a van, etc..
2. Once details are in order, at least 72 hours in advance of your intended departure, use the Event Registration Wufoo form to register your excursion.
3. Once you receive confirmation that your excursion has been officially registered, you should proceed with finalizing details regarding the trip such as notifying participants of the trip details and logistics, securing a campus driver, submitting a travel waiver for each participant, etc..).
4. If there are questions or concerns about your excursion, or if the trip warrants VP consultation & approval before confirmation, the Director of Campus Involvement will contact you for notification. Once granted, you will receive an approval email from The Office of Campus Involvement.
5. As the number of those who originally intend to participate has the potential to change, on the day of departure, please submit to the Director of Campus Involvement the names of all active trip participants.
Donation Drives/ Fundraisers
- Fundraising Guidelines and Request Form – Want to fundraise for your group?
- Donation-Collection Request Form – Collecting donations of any kind?
Conducting a Protest,Vigil, or Demonstration
Anyone who wishes to stage a demonstration, protest, or vigil on College property should fill out the form below. After which the individual or group will receive contact and arrange a meeting with Center for Student Engagement and Campus Safety to discuss College policy, demonstration-specific regulations, and safety issues. Lastly, a space is to be reserved with the Special Events Office for the event. Protesters may be assigned to particular places on campus by Campus Safety Officers. The college reserves the right to control the time, place, and manner of events that occur on campus.