As the weather begins to warm and the spring semester begins to wind down, it can only mean one thing at Hiram College: the annual tradition of SpringFest.
Started in the early 1970s, SpringFest evolved from the College’s May Day celebration. Activities have changed over the years, but it has remained an anticipated end-of-the-year event.
This year’s SpringFest celebration, sponsored by the Kennedy Center Programming Board, will take place Thursday, April 25-Sunday, April 28, 2013, with the theme “Channel Surfing: Hiram Style.” The band 3OH!3 will headline the Friday night concert*.
The full schedule of events is as follows:
Thursday, April 25
- Late Night Dodge Ball: Martin Fieldhouse, 10 p.m.
Friday, April 26
- Concert featuring 3OH!3: Martin Fieldhouse, 8 p.m.*
- After Party featuring DJ Ryan Wolfe: Martin Fieldhouse, 11 p.m.
Saturday, April 27
- Capture the Flag: Campus Green, noon
- Fashion Show: Martin Fieldhouse, 5:30 p.m.
- A Night of Comedy: Hayden Auditorium, 8:30 p.m.
- The Late Night Party: Kennedy Center Ballroom, 10 p.m.
Sunday, April 28
- SpringFest Carnival: Oliver Plaza, noon
*Each Hiram College student is entitled to one free ticket to Friday’s concert featuring 3OH!3. Students must fill out the ticket reservation form in order to reserve that ticket. Students who submit the form multiple times will only reserve one ticket. Tickets may be picked up at the Kennedy Center’s Welcome Desk starting Friday, April 19, by showing a Hiram ID.
Outside guests may purchase tickets to the SpringFest concert at the Hiram College Bookstore starting April 19. Tickets are $20. Hiram College students may purchase additional tickets this way as well.