Cleveland alumni volunteered at Providence House on Alumni Volunteer Day 2013.
Hiram College alumni will unite across the country on Sept. 13, 2014, for the 13th annual Alumni Volunteer Day.
Alumni Volunteer Day is built on Hiram College’s commitment to community service and civic engagement. Hiram alumni look back fondly on memories of Campus Day, the annual day students have free from class to engage in community service. Alumni Volunteer Day gives them a chance to continue that Hiram tradition and give back to a community near them. It is held each year in conjunction with the national day of service on Sept. 11.
More than 250 alumni have already registered, and there are nearly 30 events planned.
Alumni are encouraged to bring family members and friends to the volunteer sites to help out the cause:
- Akron, Ohio – Haven of Rest
- Ashtabula, Ohio – Kelloggsville Cemetery
- Atlanta, Georgia – The Pantry
- Baltimore, Maryland – Maryland Food Bank
- Boston, Massachusetts – Wellington House
- Canton, Ohio – Stark County Humane Society
- Chicago, Illinois – Feed My Starving Children
- Cincinnati, Ohio – Potter’s Ranch (Union, Kentucky)
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Columbus, Ohio
- Fairport Harbor, Ohio – Fairport Harbor Historical Society
- Hiram, Ohio
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kirtland, Ohio (on Sept. 20) – Rescue Village (Woofstock)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota – Second Harvest Heartland
- Phoenix, Arizona – Welcome to America Project
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Grow Pittsburgh
- Ravenna, Ohio – Disciples of Christ Church
- Toledo, Ohio – EnPuzzlement
- Warren, Ohio – Trumbull Art Gallery
- Washington, D.C. – Fort Foote National Park
[btn link=”http://hiram.site-ym.com/events/event_details.asp?id=481029″ color=”grey” size=”size-m”]Learn more about Alumni Volunteer Day.[/btn]