This year’s Homecoming celebrations include a week of activities for students and alumni, as well as the crowning of Homecoming king and queen.
Students have until noon on Wednesday, Sept. 28 to vote for Homecoming Court, with the court being announced that evening. Final votes will be cast on the evening of Friday, Sept. 30, and the court will be presented, with the king and queen crowned, during halftime of Saturday’s football game against Carnegie Mellon.
The following is a full list of events:
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011
- Norman NG Magic Experience, Hayden Auditorium, 8 p.m.
This magic show is an exciting fusion of magic, comedy and audience participation that has toured 48 states and been seen by 500,000 people live. Homecoming Court will be announced at this event.
Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011
- Dodgeball, Martin Field House, 10 pm.
Friday, Sept. 30, 2011
- Bonfire, parking lot next to Martin Field House, 8 p.m.
Final votes for Homecoming King and Queen will take place at this event.
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2011
- Parade, steps off behind Gerstacker, 10 a.m.
- William H. Hollinger Hall of Fame Brunch & Induction Ceremony, Dix Dining Hall, Kennedy Center, 10 a.m.
Established to honor those people who have made a significant contribution to Hiram’s athletic history, Hiram College has inducted over 250 alumni and friends to its Athletic Hall of Fame since 1964. This year’s inductees include John Burr ’83, Mike Dobran ’98, Heidi (Gerhardstein) Niedermier ’99, Myrtis Herndon, Ron Kilpatrick ’64, Cathy (DiOrio) Reesman ’92, Mike Rogich ’97 and Danny Young ’92. RSVP to this event online.
- Annual Alumni Softball Game and Tailgate Party, Herndon Field, 10 a.m.; tailgating to follow
- Football game versus Carnegie Mellon, Henry Field, 1 p.m. kickoff.
The Office of Alumni Relations is hosting a hospitality tent near the entrance to the Coleman Sports Center. Stop by to get an afternoon snack and some Hiram give-a-ways. The first 50 alumni to check in will get a Hiram College t-shirt! A special section will be reserved in the bleachers for alumni.
- Dinner and Dance, Martin Field House, dinner at 7 p.m., dance from 9 p.m.-1 a.m.