Hiram College held its annual Juried Student Art Show March 18 through April 4 at the Gelbke Fine Arts Center on the Hiram College campus. All art work in the show was judged by this year’s juror, Kent State University artist and Associate Professor Michael Loderstedt. Students from all academic disciplines were eligible to participate.
The Alex and Tamara Brady Pendleton Best in Show award went to Junior Mason Milani, of Bedford, for his work titled, Stripes, Zippers, Mirrors & Mongrels. Master’s student Andrea Karcic, of Macedonia, won the Prizm Artist’s Supply Store Award for her work, Ars Memorialis.
Other awards included the:
- Paul A. Rochford Award for Excellence: Laura Mallinak (Garrettsville), Fertility
- Ellen Jagow Award for Painting: Christine Ruff (Mentor), Broken Down: Self-Portrait
- Abigail Flint Award for Photography: Kyle Kresge (State College, PA), Urban Landscapes series
- Award for Outstanding work by Freshman or Sophomore: Wendy Birchfield (Parma Heights), Chairs
- Utrecht Art Supply Award: Charlie Fremont (Cincinnati), Inside Meeting Outside
- Juror’s Mention: Adam Hardwick (Warren), Piccioni/Filo; Eric Klopfenstein (New Albany), Hanging Installation; Ashley Nuzzi (Dover), ceramics series
- Art History Book Award: Charlie Eppley (Stow), “The Expressive Quality of Sound, Color, and Form: Kandinsky, Mussorgsky, and the Development of the Graphic Score”