Students and parents can receive help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at 53 locations across the state of Ohio at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 9.
This event, College Goal Sunday, brings together financial aid professionals across the state to offer their services to students and families at no cost.
Attendees must register online.
College Goal Sunday will take place at the following locations near Hiram College:
- Kent State University (Franklin Hall)
- University of Akron (Simmons Hall)
- Cuyahoga Community College – Western Campus (Parma)
- Cuyahoga City Library (Warrensville Heights Branch)
- Hondros College Cleveland (Independence)
- Cuyahoga Valley Career Center (Brecksville)
- Eastern Gateway Community College Valley Center (Youngstown)
- Malone University (Mitchell/Regula Hall)
- Stark State College (W.R. Timken Center)
A full list and addresses for the above locations are available online.
Hiram College’s priority FAFSA deadline is Feb. 15 for incoming students and March 15 for returning. Families can file the FAFSA before they’ve filed taxes, as long as they have their W-2. College Goal Sunday attendees should bring the following information:
- Your IRS 1040 tax return and W2s
- Your parent’s IRS 1040 tax return and W2s
- Social Security Card and Driver’s License
- Any other benefit and income information
Dependent student are encouraged to bring a parent or legal guardian.
College Goal Sunday events are available in every state, though not all take place Feb. 9. View more information on the College Goal Sunday website.