Arlene Hilfer, adjunct professor of English, is one of three facilitators who have been nominated for the UCAP Facilitator of the Year 2011 Award. This award recognizes a faculty member who demonstrates continuous excellence in the facilitation for learning in Ursuline College’s Accelerated Program (UCAP).
One recipient will be chosen by a nomination screening committee comprised of current UCAP students. He/she will be recognized on the “Facilitator of the Year” plaque that is prominently displayed in the UCAP Office and recognized at the Ursuline College 2011 Community Day on May 26, 2011. In addition, the recipient will receive an award of $500.00.
Nominees may be adjunct or full-time faculty of Ursuline College. Nominees must have taught at least three UCAP courses and will be selected based on how accurately some of the following criteria are addressed:
- Promotes and assesses critical thinking in the classroom.
- Engages a wide-range of student learning styles in the classroom.
- Encourages students to apply the concepts, ideas and information they learn in the classroom.
- Makes the learning relevant and meaningful to the student.
- Encourages students to become lifelong learners.
- Participates in non-classroom activities for the betterment of UCAP.