Nearly 300 students will become alumni, as Hiram College celebrates its 164th Commencement at 2 p.m. on May 17, 2014, on Charles A. Henry Field.
The following events will take place:
- 8 a.m. Phi Beta Kappa Breakfast (Kennedy Center Dix Dining Room) – by invitation only
- 8:45 a.m. Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony (Kennedy Center Dix Dining Room) – open to all
- 9 a.m. Pinning Ceremony for graduating nursing students (Hiram Christian Church)
- 10:30 a.m. Baccalaureate, Speaker: Anisi Daniels Smith, Minority Dissertation Fellow (Hiram Christian Church)
- 10:30 a.m. -1:15 p.m. Brunch Reception (Dining Hall)
- 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Family Activities and Book Store Open House (Kennedy Center)
- 12:30 p.m. Class Picture (Bates Hall steps)
- 1:15 p.m. Student Line up (Martin Field House)
- 2 p.m. Commencement – no tickets required (Charles A. Henry Field). Simulcast location is Price Gym; live video streaming available at www.ustream.tv/channel/hiram-college-commencement-2014.
- 3:30 p.m. Post-Commencement Gathering (Martin Field House)
Retiring Hiram College President Thomas V. Chema will deliver the Commencement address, an opportunity he said he is looking forward to.
“I am very much like many of our students,” he said. “I was the first in my family to attend college and the experience transformed my life. Because of my liberal arts education, I was able to reinvent myself many times and have a number of successful careers. Students graduating in 2014 will not only have many different jobs in their lifetime, they will have many different careers. Hiram has prepared them to live and work in a rapidly changing and complex world. Our graduates leave Hiram with an opportunity to make a difference in a world that needs difference makers.”
[btn link=”http://www.hiram.edu/commencement” color=”grey” size=”size-m”]Learn more about the 2014 Commencement ceremony.[/btn]