MARCH – MAY 2020
Like students and others around the country, those of us at Hiram are in an unprecedented time right now. Things are changing day-by-day, and officials at the College are endeavoring to be both responsive and anticipatory at the same time. Just one week ago, we had hoped to be able to return to face-to-face instruction for the 3-week term. Today, we see that that is no longer realistic. Hence, it is now certain that faculty will continue to teach their courses online through the rest of the entire semester, including the 3-week term.
We know that this information will prompt many of you who are still in residence to leave the halls in the very near future. Later in this note, we will outline a protocol for moving your things out of your room.
For those of you for whom Hiram is the best place to stay, you need to confirm your intent to do so completing and submitting an “intent to stay form” that you can access on line. We must receive the completed form by Monday, March 23 at noon. If you choose to remain in the Hiram housing, it is imperative that you adhere to the following policies:
- You must vigilantly practice social distancing
- You may not have any guests in the residence halls
- You MUST stay on campus and not travel back and forth to other homes or residences
- You must agree that your departure from campus will be for essential trips only such as to buy groceries or go to a pharmacy
- You must adhere to the Hiram College Code of Conduct