The Development Department reviews and submits all grant proposals to external funding sources as well as maintain records on all grant submissions, awards and renewals. In order to assist us in this process:
- Faculty preparing to submit a grant proposal must contact our office; the earlier in the process the better.
- All external grant proposals for research, programs, projects, etc. must be approved by appropriate College officials, including the President, before being submitted to a funding prospect. It is a shared responsibility of Development and the principal investigator/program director to obtain the required approvals.
- Completed proposals (without the help of Development) must be submitted to the Development Department for review and to obtain signatures five working days prior to the submission deadline. Development will copy, collate and mail proposals
- Notice of approval, denial, renewal and extension of all grants must be reported to Development for tracking purposes.
- All grant monies must be processed through the Development Office. A new account number must be used for any grant monies received. Development will submit the grant documentation to the Budget Office so they will generate and forward an account number to the PI/PD.
- Development will work with the PI/PD to meet all reporting requirements outlined in the grant agreement or award letter. Development will keep on file all correspondence and reports submitted to the funder.
Jenna Cariglio-Dorris, Director of Institutional Grants & Senior Writer