Vanessa Gette-Heeman is an Assistant Professor of Communication who specializes in interpersonal/relational communication. Her research focuses on family and health communication. For example, her most recent study examined how parents communicate with their preschool-aged children about nutrition and the effects for preschoolers’ eating patterns. Professor Gette-Heeman has over ten years of experience as an instructor. She views teaching as her favorite part of being a professor! She spends her free time with her family and likes to be outdoors as much as possible.
- B.A., Lock Haven University
- M.A., Kent State University
- Ph.D., Kent State University
- Interpersonal/Relational Communication
- Family/Parent-Child Communication
- Health Communication