Shawn Osell joined Hiram College in the fall of 2021, teaching courses in economics and statistics. Prior to coming to Hiram, Osell taught courses at Oberlin College, Clarkson University, the University of Wisconsin-Superior, Hamlin University and Metropolitan State University.
- Ph.D., Economics, Northern Illinois University
- MS, Statistics, Northern Illinois University
- MA, Economics, Minnesota State University
- Macroeconomic modeling
- Monetary policy and theory
- Time series econometrics
- Comparative Monetary Tools: Open Market Operations and Interest On Reserves.” Economic Bulletin, Vol. 38 No 1 p. A43.
- A Substitution Effect as a Possible Cause for the Antebellum Heights Puzzle.” Economic Bulletin. Vol. 38 No. 4 p. A175
- A Partial Two Sector Banking Model with Interest on Reserves.”
International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance. Vol. 12. No. 4.
- Interest on Reserves and Forward Guidance in a Deterministic Two Period Model.” International Journal of Statistics & Economics. Vol. 23 No 1.