Richard Garris joined Hiram College in 2021, teaching courses in the education program. Garris also supervises students taking clinical work or student-teaching as part of the program.
Prior to his time at Hiram, Garris was a high school English teacher for seven years, as well as an assistant administrator and acting head principal.
- Ph.D., Instructional Management and Leadership, Robert Morris University
- M.S., Education and School Leadership, California University of Pennsylvania
- B.S., Education/Secondary English, California University of Pennsylvania
- Educational leadership and leadership theory
- Pedagogy and instructional strategies
- Student motivation and coaching
- Beck, J.J.; Garris, R.O., III. Managing Personal Finance Literacy in the United States: A Case Study. Educ. Sci. 2019, 9, 129.
- Garris III, R. O. (2020). The Role of the Secondary School Principal: Examining the Evolution and Current Dynamics of the Role of Secondary Principals (Doctoral dissertation, Robert Morris University).
- Garris served as a football and strength and conditioning coach for high school students and served as the producer for two school musicals (“Frozen Jr.” and “James and the Giant Peach”) at the same school district.