Dr. Clevenger grew up as a country boy in West Virginia. As a first-generation college student himself, he champions underdogs and those wanting to better themselves. As an egalitarian, he is a firm believer in contributing to community and being a good citizen.
As much as teaching, Dr. Clevenger loves research! He is involved in several ongoing projects and is open to help others organize research efforts including seeking funding when needed.
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Corporate Social Responsibility & Global Business Ethics, Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Ed.D, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.B.A., West Virginia University
- B.S.J., West Virginia University
- Entrepreneurial community development
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Corporate citizenship
- Corporate engagement in American higher education
- Organizational behavior
- Social issues in management
- Nonprofit management and leadership
- Clevenger, M. R., MacGregor, C. J., & Sturm, P. (2020). Partnership motives and ethics in corporate investment in higher education: Emerging research and opportunities. Advances in Higher Education and Professional Development (AHEPD) Book Series. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Clevenger, M. R., & Fortunato, M. W-P (Eds.). (2020). Ecosystems and entrepreneurial empowerment: Emerging research in cultural and leadership boundaries. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Clevenger, M. R. (2019). Corporate citizenship and higher education: Behaviors, engagement, and ethics. New York, NY: Palgrave-Macmillan.
- Clevenger, M. R., & MacGregor, C. J. (2019). Business and corporation engagement with higher education: Models, theories, and best practices. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing.
- Fortunato, M. W-P, & Clevenger, M. R. (Eds.). (2017). Toward entrepreneurial community development: Leaping cultural and leadership boundaries. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Traveled to more than 35 countries
- Plays piano and organ; and sings tenor
- Loves gardening and indoor plants
- Has won research and teaching awards
- Rowed on the WVU crew team