Morgan R. Clevenger grew up as a country boy in West Virginia. As a first-generation college student himself, he champions underdogs and those wanting to better themselves. As an egalitarian, he is a firm believer in contributing to community and being a good citizen.
As much as teaching, Clevenger loves research! He is involved in several ongoing projects and is open to help others organize research efforts including seeking funding when needed.
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Corporate Social Responsibility & Global Business Ethics, Monarch Business School, Switzerland
- Ed.D, University of Missouri-Columbia
- M.B.A., West Virginia University
- B.S.J., West Virginia University
- Entrepreneurial community development
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Corporate citizenship
- Corporate engagement in American higher education
- Organizational behavior
- Social issues in management
- Nonprofit management and leadership
- Clevenger, M. R., & Fortunato, M. W-P (Eds.). (2022). Entrepreneurial communities and ecosystems: Theories in culture, empowerment, and leadership. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Clevenger, M. R., & Fortunato, M. W-P (Eds.). (2022). Empowering entrepreneurial communities and ecosystems: Case Study Insights. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Clevenger, M. R., MacGregor, C. J., & Sturm, P. (2021). Partnership motives and ethics in corporate investment in higher education. Advances in Higher Education and Professional Development (AHEPD) Book Series. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Clevenger, M. R. (2019). Corporate citizenship and higher education: Behaviors, engagement, and ethics. New York, NY: Palgrave-Macmillan.
- Clevenger, M. R., & MacGregor, C. J. (2019). Business and corporation engagement with higher education: Models, theories, and best practices. Bingley, UK: Emerald Publishing.
- Fortunato, M. W-P, & Clevenger, M. R. (Eds.). (2017). Toward entrepreneurial community development: Leaping cultural and leadership boundaries. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Clevenger has traveled to more than 35 countries.
- He plays piano and organ as well as sings tenor.
- He loves gardening and indoor plants.
- Clevenger has won research and teaching awards.
- He has rowed on the WVU crew team.