Kay Molkentin is Director of the Center for Integrated Entrepreneurship and is responsible for the administrative and co-curricular activities of the program. Additionally, she teaches several courses including ENTR22100: Fireside Chat Seminar; ENTR20510: Creativity, Innovation and the Entrepreneurial Mindset; andINTD30090: Entrepreneurship and the Studio Arts. She is passionate about social entrepreneurship, innovation and networking. She is also Hiram’s representative to the Entrepreneurship Education Consortium of Northeast Ohio, serving as its president from 2013-2016, and mentoring students in their participation in ideaLabs Regional Competition and Entrepreneurship Immersion Week.
- B.S., Cleveland State University
- M.B.A., Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University
Entrepreneurship and the Liberal Arts, Entrepreneurship Pedagogy, and Understanding Entrepreneurial Ecosystems. Kay has presented extensively on both topics at conferences including Global Consortium for Entrepreneurship Centers, Deshpande Symposium, and the United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship. She has contributed an essay to the Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy and published an in article in the Journal of Entrepreneurship Education.
- Schmidt, J.J., Molkentin, K.F., Building and Maintaining a Regional Inter-University Ecosystem for Entrepreneurship. Journal of Business and Entrepreneurship. Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 18: 157-168, 2015.
- Schmidt, J.J, Molkentin, K.F, Messing, J., and Bessler, P. (2014). “Entrepreneurship Educational Consortium: A Regional Approach,” Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy: Mike Morris (Ed). Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Road across the country on the back of a motorcycle
- Conducted colon cancer research and co-authored several research papers
- First generation college student