Kathleen Maretka, M.A.
Director of Student Teaching and Field Experience
Kathleen Maretka has served as the director of student teaching and field experience since fall 2012. In this role, she works with education faculty and students in placements for field, clinical, student teaching and internship. Prior to her role as director of student teaching, she was a mathematics teacher at Bay Village High School and worked as an adjunct professor at Hiram teaching Math Methods and Statistics courses.
Maretka also serves as the advisor for students seeking licensure in MS/HS Mathematics and teaches a couple of Math Education courses. She is an active member in the following the organizations; GCCTM, OCTM, and NCTM. She was awarded the GCCTM’s 2016-2017 Outstanding Mathematics Educator Award.
- M.A., Mathematics, Cleveland State University
- B.S., Mathematics, Baldwin Wallace University
- Promoting a growth mindset
- Using literature and technology to motivate students to learn new math concepts.
- She loves to cook and is the Bay Village Chili Cook-Off champion.
- She has an intense fear of bees.