Dr. Jennie Wood is an associate professor of nursing. She joined Hiram in 2017. Her specialty is critical care. Prior to joining Hiram, she taught critical care and other courses in the BSN and MSN programs at Youngstown State University (YSU). She was the recipient of YSU’s “Distinguished Professor Award for Service”. Dr. Wood is actively involved in the Xi Xi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI), the Northeastern Ohio Association of Critical Care Nurses, and the Ohio Nurses Association (ONA), District Three. Dr. Wood received the “Excellence in Education” awards from the Xi Xi Chapter of STTI and the ONA, District 3 and the state and district ONA “Excellence in Research” awards.
- Ph.D., Kent State University
- M.S.N., Kent State University
- B.S.N., Youngstown State University
- A.A.S., Youngstown State University
Dr. Wood’s research interests include cardiac care, critical care, and women who are at high risk for breast cancer.
- Wood, J. (2008). Cognitive Appraisal, Coping Behaviors, and Decisional Outcomes In Women Making A Treatment Decision For Their Increased Risk of Breast Cancer. (Doctoral Dissertation). Retrieved from http://www.ohiolink.edu/etd/. Full text can be found at http://rave.ohiolink.edu/etdc/view?acc_num=kent1208220306
- Wood, J. & Gordon, P. (2012). Preventing CVD in women: The NP’s role. The Nurse Practitioner Journal, 37(2), 27-33.
- Reviewed Part IV Cardiac Output of the High Acuity Nursing (6th Edition) textbook authored by Wagner, Johnson, Hardin-Pierce for Pearson Publications.
- Dr. Wood has 5 grandchildren who are the light of her life.
- She loves to golf.
- She started taking piano lessons 3 months ago.