Janet Vogel is the Director of the Hiram College Library. She has worked in academic and public libraries as well as museums over the course of her career. She was also an adjunct instructor of history at Messiah College for four years. Vogel was selected to attend the American Library Association Leadership Institute and the Maryland Library Leadership Institute. She also received the Maryland Library Association Emerging Leader Award and the Penguin Young Readers Group Award.
- B.A., History, Messiah College
- M.A., Public History, Loyola University Chicago
- M.S., Library and Information Science, University of Illinois
- Early literacy skill development among young children
- Intersection of STEM and early literacy
- The role of food in American history and culture
- Reighard, C., Torres-Crespo, M. N., & Vogel, J. (2016). STEM Curiosity Academy: Building the Engineers of Tomorrow. Children and Libraries, 14(4), 32.
- Janet enjoys traveling and has attended two Olympic Games (London 2012 and Rio 2016).