Jana Willan serves as the College’s associate director of admission, supporting the enrollment of non-traditional students as well as managing the department’s back-end operations.
- Jana grew up in Northern Maine on the other side of a ski hill; she could see Canada from her house!
- She figure-skated in New Brunswick, Canada until moving to Ohio in high school.
- While in college, she coached the Ohio University synchronized ice-skating team.
- She played as many sports as possible but considers herself a master of none. In high school, she lettered in soccer, swimming and softball, and attempted to play basketball and volleyball.
- Diogi, her 10-year-old border collie/corgi mix, is “the best little dude of all time.”
- She recently got her motorcycle endorsement and has a Harley Davidson Street 500!
- Jana has a son and three dogs!
- Ice skating
- Motorcycle riding
- Playing with dogs
- Binge-watching Netflix
- Book: The I Ching, The Divine Comedy, Fahrenheit 451
- Movie: The Other Guys, Star Trek, Hot Fuzz
- TV Show: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Parks & Rec
- Musician/Band: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dispatch, Straight No Chaser
- Food: Chipotle is Life
- Quote to live by: “When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like, ‘Whaaaat?’” – Phil Dunphy
Who do you look up to the most, and why?
“My parents – equally, but for different reasons. Together they have given me the best guidance and support anyone could ever want or need. I feel truly lucky to have them both in my life.”
What is your favorite thing about Hiram?
“I love the physical location of the campus. It is such a beautiful area that is tucked away in the country, yet super close to metropolitan areas. The closeness of the buildings on campus perfectly mirrors the closeness of the students, faculty and staff.”
- M.Ed., Higher Education Administration, Ohio University
- B.A., English Literature, Ohio University