Evangeline (Litsa) Varonis
Litsa began working for PGS in May 2016 before moving to the office of Learning Technologies. As a Moodle administrator, she offers professional development to faculty and staff face-to-face (f2f) and online. As a member of the Transformers advisory group, she supports the Tech and Trek initiative. She is also a Quality Matters facilitator and Master Reviewer, reviewing courses, offering workshops online and f2f in three countries, and contributing to the Higher Ed rubric.
She currently serves on the advisory board of DES Action USA and formerly as an officer of Leadership Ohio. She lives in North Canton with her husband Orestes, and chants with him at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Massillon. They have two grown children.
- M.A. Linguistics, the University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. Honors/English/Psychology, Arcadia University
- Certifications: Apple Teacher; Quality Matters (QM) Master Reviewer; QM face-to-face and online course facilitator
Research/Areas of Interest
Her current research interests include online course design, online learning, and learning technologies, in particular the impact of learning technologies on learning outcomes and satisfaction. She has also taught and conducted research and published in English composition, English as a Second Language, and linguistics.
- Miller, J. L., & Varonis, E. M. (2017) Transitioning to blended eight-week delivery: A case study in adult education. In Morris, L. and Tsolakidis, C. (Eds.), The Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Communication Technologies in Education 2017, 271-284. United Kingdom: Southampton Solent University. Available at
- Pyrini, N., Varonis, O., & Varonis. E.M. (2017). The Open Wings project: Transforming students’ perceptions of self and society through the development of the homonomous self. The International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, 34 (2), 83-101.
- Chernikova, I. A., & Varonis, E. M. (2016). Designing and delivering online curriculum in higher education: riding the perfect storm. The International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, 33(3), 132-141.
- Varonis, E., Monroe, L., Trowbridge, A., Gulliford, K., Holcomb, C., Reyes, J., & Smith, M. (2015). Beyond cut-and-paste: Creating interactive online resources to introduce first year students to academic citation. In Morris, L. and Tsolakidis, C. (Eds.) The Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Communication Technologies in Education 2015, 11-21. United Kingdom: Southampton Solent University.
- Varonis, E.M., and Varonis, M. (2015). Deconstructing Candy Crush: what instructional design can learn from game design. The International Journal of Information and Learning Technology, 32(3), 150–164.