David Strukel is a successful and passionate instructor. Starting on the radio at WTIG in his hometown on Massillon as a high school senior, Strukel went on to enjoy over a decade of media experience, seven years in radio and four in television. After working in broadcasting, Strukel transitioned to education but continued his love for all things media as he started up a career-technical education video broadcasting class at Aurora High School. While at Aurora, he earned his Master’s Degree at Kent State University. He taught at Aurora for six years before going on to teach at the University of Toledo for seven and a half years. Strukel earned his Doctorate at BGSU in Media and Communication.
- B.A., Radio-TV-Film, Bowling Green State University 1993
- M.Ed., Education, Kent State University 2004
- PH.D., Media and Communication, Bowling Green State University 2016
Teen pregnancy and the media…uses and gratifications of teen moms using media before, during and after having a baby.
- In 2004, Strukel was inducted into the Kent State University College of Education, Health and Human Services Hall of Fame as the Recent Alumni Award winner.
- Strukel has run 12 marathons and several half marathons.
- Strukel’s fantasy football team, the Massillon Hitmen, won the league championship in 2017. It was the first time he won the title since being in the league over 20 years.
- Strukel’s family has a rare achievement. Mary (mother) never missed a day of school, K-12. David’s older brother Danny didn’t miss a day of school K-12 and David also had perfect attendance.
- Strukel’s favorite sports teams are: the Massillon Tigers, the BGSU Falcons, the Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Cavaliers and the Los Angeles Lakers.