Director of Writing Across the Curriculum, Assistant Professor of English
Courtney A. Mauck is a Pennsylvania native who has been living and teaching in Ohio since 2017. As an Assistant Professor of English, she teaches courses on writing pedagogy, digital rhetoric, multimodal composition, and video games. In her role as Director of Writing Across the Curriculum, she runs the Hiram College Writing Center, which involves training students to become Writing Assistants each fall.
- B.A., English, Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Writing and Pedagogy, Northern Michigan University
- Ph.D., Rhetoric and Composition, Ohio University
- Graduate Certificate in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Ohio University
- Writing pedagogy
- Social media
- Digital rhetoric/writing
- Learning transfer
- Video games
- Mauck has two cats, Momo and Toast
- Her favorite video game/series is Bioshock
- She enjoys taking walks and hikes with her husband
“Beyond Osmosis: Developing Teaching for Transfer Pedagogy for Graduate Classes in Composition.” Composition Forum, 46(1), 2021, co-written with Ryan P. Shepherd, Christopher J. Barber, & Sue Fletcher.
“‘Bad’ Designs: An Introductory Multimodal Assignment.” In Dynamic Activities for First-Year Composition, NCTE, 2022 (Forthcoming)
Challenging Our Assumptions: A Cultural Competencies Reader. Van-Griner Publishing, 2020, co-edited with Rachael Ryerson.