Chris Mundorf is a professor in public health. He is a native of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. He attended Ohio State University for undergraduate, and early in his career, Chris worked in the federal government for a U.S. Congressman, and then later organized grassroots and fundraising for several political campaigns. From there he became interested in the connection between grassroots mobilization and social action in addressing community issues. He later received his MPH and PhD from Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, where he was able to work closely with community members in addressing their concerns with the environment following the 2010 Gulf Oil Spill.
- Ph.D., Tulane University
- M.P.H., Tulane University
- B.A., The Ohio State University
His research focuses on the role of culture in influencing risk perceptions and health behavior. With colleagues he has also examined the role of community health workers (CHWs) in providing culturally-tailored interventions to improve health outcomes of low-income pregnant women.
- Mundorf, C., Shankar, A., Peng, T., Hassan, A., & Lichtveld, M. Y. (2017). Therapeutic Relationship and Study Adherence in a Community Health Worker-Led Intervention. Journal of Community Health, 42(1), 21-29. doi: 10.1007/s10900-016-0220-8
- Mundorf, C. A., & Lichtveld, M. Y. (2016). Using community-based, ethnographic methods to examine risk perceptions and actions of low-income, first-time mothers in a post-spill environment. Journal of Risk Research, 1-15. doi: 10.1080/13669877.2016.1200656
- Lichtveld, M., Goldstein, B., Grattan, L., & Mundorf, C. (2016). Then and now: lessons learned from community- academic partnerships in environmental health research. Environmental Health, 15(1), 117. doi: 10.1186/s12940-016-0201-5
- Lichtveld, M., Sherchan, S., Gam, K. B., Kwok, R. K., Mundorf, C., Shankar, A., & Soares, L. (2016). The Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Through the Lens of Human Health and the Ecosystem. Current Environmental Health Reports, 1-9. doi: 10.1007/s40572-016-0119-7
- Lichtveld, M. Y., Shankar, A., Mundorf, C., Hassan, A., & Drury, S. (2016). Measuring the Developing Therapeutic Relationship Between Pregnant Women and Community Health Workers Over the Course of the Pregnancy in a Study Intervention. Journal of Community Health, 41(6), 1167-1176. doi: 10.1007/s10900-016-0198-2