Hiram College students in the 4 + 1 program will be eligible to complete three advanced degree courses in entrepreneurship offered by Ashland University with a 10% discounted tuition while earning their bachelor’s degree. Upon conferment of the bachelor’s degree from Hiram and matriculation to Ashland University, students will continue to experience a 10% tuition discount for the remainder of the MBA program.
To be eligible for enrollment:
- Students must be in good standing as defined by Hiram College
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete an application for admission into the program during their junior year
- Provide a resume that reflects personal and professional accomplishments
- Provide a letter of recommendation from their faculty member or academic advisor at Hiram
- Before enrolling in their first master’s course, students must be a senior at Hiram and submit official transcripts to be formally admitted into the program
According to U.S. News & World Report in 2021, AU’s Online MBA is the nation’s top-ranked MBA program and ranks #1 in Northeast Ohio as well as #4 in Ohio overall.
The Ashland University MBA program has been fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for more than 20 years.
Ashland University’s Dauch College of Business & Economics is a Member of AACSB International. As a Member, our MBA Program is designed to adhere to all Membership and Accreditation requirements.
About the Courses
MBA 540 – ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INTRAPRENEURSHIP – 3 hours – A study in creating and/or expanding your own business as an entrepreneur.
CHOOSE 2 OF THE FOLLOWING:
MBA 541 – BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS – 3 hours – This course will examine business information systems as they relate to small businesses.
MBA 542 – BUSINESS TAX PLANNING – 3 hours – A study of federal income tax law applied to various business entities, including sole proprietorships, C corporations, S corporations, and partnerships, as well as income tax law to individual business owners.
MBA 544 – SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT – 3 hours – Management theory generally considers the application of organizational strategies and tactics from a macro point of view.