Hiram College invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Information Technology. We are seeking a dynamic and committed professional to serve as the Executive Director of Information Technology.
Hiram College, established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute, is a nationally respected private residential liberal arts college located 30 miles from Cleveland in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio. At Hiram, close student-faculty interaction and innovation is routine. The College’s distinctive academic calendar, the Hiram Plan, offers students the opportunity each semester for a 3-week intensive course, study abroad/away program, internship or research experience.
The Executive Director of Information Technology is responsible for setting vision in alignment with Hiram College’s strategic plan, providing leadership, management, and ensuring the continuous improvement of technology operations. The Executive Director of Information Technology has the primary responsibility for the College’s technology and information systems, resources, and infrastructure to support instructional and operational goals.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business and Finance/Chief Financial Officer of the college, the Executive Director’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Supervise, develop, recruit, and retain Technology Operations staff.
- Manage and oversee the implementation and maintenance of all campus technologies.
- Oversee budgeting, purchasing, contracting, project management, and quality assurance for the Technology Operations Department.
- Plan and manage the College’s technology infrastructure to ensure that networks, hardware, and software are adequate to support Hiram’s mission and objectives.
- Develop, communicate, and implement policies and procedures that will ensure the effective delivery of technology services to the academic and administrative user community.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging trends in information technology used in higher education.
- Maintain working relationships with technology vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent degree from an accredited institution is required. A Master’s Degree in a technology-related field is preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience managing a technical staff is required.
- Seven or more years of professional experience working in a technology department, preferably at an educational institution.
- Experience designing and delivering technology training sessions and workshops.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse community is required.
- Evidence of success in the development and maintenance of collaborative relationships is required.
- Strong project management skills with multifaceted projects and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references to HR@Hiram.edu. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Excellence through Diversity.