Hiram College invites applicants to apply for the position of Programmer Analyst.
Hiram College was established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute. It is a nationally respected, private residential liberal arts college located 30 miles east of Cleveland. Hiram has recently rebranded with The New Liberal Arts theme, along with major investments in learning technologies. It is an exciting time to be a Hiram Terrier!
Reporting directly to the Application Services Manager, the Programmer Analyst’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following*:
- Maintain, patch, and upgrade the ERP/SIS system to meet the business and user application needs.
- Perform application development and implement computer system requirements by defining, designing, coding, and testing standards and solutions, and by conferring with users and establishing specifications.
- Assist with database administration and business improvement process analysis.
- Troubleshoot core business application servers and databases.
- Create and maintain reports, metrics, portals, and dashboards to serve as business intelligence for all departments.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, translate, document, and organize requirement specifications, technical specifications, data mapping, and diagrams into clear non-technical requirements for developers and testers to follow.
- Maintain expertise in SQL and Business Intelligence reporting techniques, practices, procedures, and field concepts.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years’ experience preferably in a college/university environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and manage a high-volume of activity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in relational database and SQL; PL/SQL and Shell scripting; Linux OS; FERPA; Analytical skills; basic application server knowledge; Integrated SIS and Ellucian Banner knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse community
- Access to transportation and a PC with Internet connectivity during off-hours
- Be on-call and work outside of regular hours as needed
- Occasional lifting, bending, stooping, crawling, reaching, and transporting of computing equipment
Please apply below and include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with their names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity!