Hiram College is seeking Adjunct Faculty to teach part-time beginning in August, 2021, and throughout the 2021-2022 academic year.
Founded in 1850, Hiram College provides students of all backgrounds an attainable private education that teaches the 21st-century skills needed to thrive professionally and personally in the face of inevitable and constant change. Built on a community that fosters student-faculty collaboration, the College equips all students with the tools necessary to embrace active learning in the classroom, in Ohio, and beyond through technology, internship, study away, research, and other experiential opportunities for growth and development. Recognized by Colleges of Distinction, The Princeton Review, U.S. News and World Report, and as a top baccalaureate college by Washington Monthly, Hiram enrolls over 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students in academic programs on its Northeast Ohio campus and through Online@Hiram.
Typical duties will include the following*:
- Teach undergraduate courses online or face to face in the disciplines listed below.
- Earth and space science
- Environmental Studies
- Organic Chemistry
- Public Health
- Science education
- Spanish language level II
- Support a robust and dynamic environment for student learning.
- Provide quality educational experiences for majors and non-majors
- Participate with other faculty members to enhance the curriculum
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in the field and experience teaching undergraduate students.
Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Background in teaching courses in the discipline
- Knowledge of and commitment to a student-centered environment
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity, including the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of diverse populations
- Skill in creating active, innovative student learning environments
- Knowledge of effective teaching strategies
- Skilled in effective teaching in an online environment (for some disciplines)
- Knowledge of online LMS, particularly Moodle, is a plus.
Please submit the following (REQUIRED):
- Letter of interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three professional references including their names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity!