- Physical distancing no longer required
- Face coverings are no longer required
- Continue to practice good hand and respiratory hygiene
Hiram Advisory: COVID-19 Advisory Alert System and Dashboard - Current Level 2 (Orange) Learn More
Hiram College has established a Pandemic Advisory Alert System to inform students, faculty, staff and families of the current level of risk posed by a virus, such as COVID-19, and the associated measures established at each level. These alert levels are based on specific data monitored by the Julia Church Health Center weekly, including testing for and monitoring the prevalence of the COVID-19 virus on campus, as well as other key metrics as defined by the Portage County Health Department and the State of Ohio. This system supplements existing statewide orders through a data-driven framework to assess the degree of the virus’ spread and to engage and empower the campus community in its response and actions.
Note: Any student or faculty/staff professional who is in nursing clinical, education clinical/student teaching, working off campus must abide by level 2 rules, at a minimum, at all times.
LEVEL 0 GREEN: No campus indicators triggered; no active health mandates
LEVEL 1 YELLOW: No campus indicators triggered, but active health mandates are in effect.
LEVEL 2 ORANGE: 1-3 campus indicators triggered
LEVEL 3 RED: 4 campus indicators triggered
LEVEL 4 PURPLE: 5+ campus indicators triggered
1. Alert level in Portage County – Triggered if over Level 1 (Yellow)*
2. Capacity in Isolation – Triggered at 50%
3. Case Count Trend – Triggered if daily rate of new cases on campus increasing over 5-day period.
4. Health Center COVID-like illness visits – Triggered if increasing trend over a 5-day period.
5. Community Spread – Triggered at 3 cases in one week that are not linked through contact tracing (does not apply to arrival testing).
6. Mass move-in on campus within last 14 days (as in start of term or after a break where students have left campus and are returning).
*Indicator is bold if triggered
Data reported Monday-Friday by 5pm.
Data updated on Friday, October 23, 2020
Student Confirmed Cases*
Total Student Tests*
Total Confirmed Student Cases This Week* (week is Saturday-Friday)
Total on-campus diagnosed outside of Health Center**
Current number of students in Isolation*
Current number of students in Quarantine*
*Data is drawn from Julia Church Health Center testing and reporting only.
**Cases reported to Human Resources or Julia Church Health Center.