Since Governor Mike DeWine has issued “Stay At Home” orders, the Julia Church Health Center will not be opening for regular daily hours. Use the following guidance to get the assistance you need:
- For emergency care, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are still on campus, please notify health center staff as soon as possible at 330-569-5418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Julia Church Health Center will be open for pre-arranged appointments only. The health center does not do COVID-19 testing.
- If you are sick with respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, call your primary medical provider. Alternatively, you can arrange a University Hospitals virtual visit here. You should try to isolate yourself to the greatest extent possible if you are having these symptoms.
- For medication refills, health questions or to arrange a medical appointment, call 330-569-5418. All calls are being forwarded to health center staff. All staff will also being monitoring their email regularly.
- Pharmacy courier service is suspended during this time. Students will be responsible for picking up all medications at the Garrettsville Family Pharmacy.
Counseling Services will be doing tele-counseling through Zoom. For counseling appointments, please call 330-569-5952 or email Dr. Kevin Feisthamel at email@example.com. Any questions about disability accommodations should be directed to Dr. Kevin at 330-569-5952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Center is located on the corner of Hinsdale and Peckham Streets across from the Pendleton House. A handicap access ramp is located at the front entrance. All traditional plan students are welcome to use the Health Center.
A nurse practitioner is available Monday through Friday for appointments. The doctor comes in once a week and sees students by appointment only. When dealing with an emergency, the Hiram Emergency Squad may be reached at extension 5414.
All Health Service encounters are treated with confidentiality. Medical files are not shared with anyone without the student’s permission. The only exception to this is if we believe a student is a threat to him/herself or another person. Likewise, information from the medical record is not given to anyone — friends, professors or even parents — without the student’s express permission. Counseling Services is located in the Julia Church Health Center building; however, information and records are separate and are not a part of the student’s medical file.
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:30-1:30 p.m.)
We can be reached during regular office hours at 330.569.5418