Hiram College recognizes and affirms the value of students living on campus and participating fully in the residential college experience. All residence halls are smoke-free. Exceptions for living off campus can be found in your student handbook.
- Prior to housing sign-ups, pay $100 Housing Deposit ($250 is required for the Townhouses) in the Student Accounts Office in Teachout-Price. There are NO exceptions and NO waivers to the required fee.
- After making the deposit in the Student Accounts Office you will receive a 2020-21 Returning Student Housing Contract or Townhouse lease. Returning Student Housing Contracts and Townhouse leases will be available beginning in February. If you make the housing deposit online, please print and bring the receipt to the Residential Education Office to receive your housing contract or lease.
- Bring your completed, signed housing contract (or lease) with you when coming to housing sign-ups to select a room per the room sign-up schedule.
- Multiple occupancy rooms may only be reserved if they will be filled to capacity. You must have a roommate for a double or roommates for triples or quads.
- Students on the graduating senior list may not sign up for housing unless approved in advance by the Director of Residential Education who will consult with the Registrar.
- Housing contracts are binding for an entire academic year and obligate students to purchase a Hiram College meal plan.
- Townhouse leases are binding for an entire academic year and students are required to purchase or opt out of a meal block plan for the dining hall. Townhouse residents also must provide proof of property insurance before receiving their key in August.
- Lottery numbers are non-transferable.
- Those arriving after their lottery number is called will forfeit their number. Those individuals may select at the end of their group.
Special/Medical Accommodation Housing Process
If you are a student with a disability or special need, contact Dr. Feisthamel, the Director of Counseling, Health, and Disability Services, by sending a message to FeisthamelKP@hiram.edu or calling 330.569.5418. All accommodation requests relating to a disability must have current supporting documentation from an appropriate professional containing a diagnosis, current functional limitations of the disability or condition in a community living environment, and suggested recommendations for environmental modification. When this information has been reviewed, the Coordinator of Student Disability Services will provide the Residential Education Office with housing recommendations. Review the timeline to verify important dates relevant to this process.