Funding You Board (FYB) is an organization that has the sole purpose of allocating and managing funds for each of the student organizations around campus that are approved for funding by Student Senate. The FYB website has all the important information regarding check requests, funding, and meeting times.
Funding You Board meetings occur once per month and are a way for clubs and student organizations as well as individuals to request funding for events that were not included in their additional budget request.
Funding You Board Meetings:
- Sunday, September 19th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, October 17th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, November 21st @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, January 16th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, February 20th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, March 20th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
- Sunday, April 10th @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
Fall Allocation Meeting (for Spring 2022 funds):
- Sunday, December 5 @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
Spring Allocation Meeting (for Fall 2022 funds):
- Sunday, April 24 @ 1:00pm-3:00pm via Zoom
What you need to do before you come to a Funding You Board Meeting:
- Review the Funding You Board Guidelines to ensure all items on your proposed budget are able to be funded. Be sure to pay attention to the Sustainability and Accessibility Checklist to make your event as inclusive as possible.
- Complete the Reserve Funding Request Wufoo Form. Make sure you select the meeting date and time you would like to attend. All meetings will be conducted on the dates above via Zoom.
- Attach this Funding Request Excel Sheet to the Wufoo form.
- You will receive an email from the VP of Finance detailing your time to meet on that Sunday. You meet with them and then they will determine if your event should be funded or not.
- You meet with them and then they will determine if your event should be funded or not.
Funding You Board Guidelines- Student Handbook:
In order to be a successful club, all officers and individuals requesting money from the Funding You Board must read and be familiar with the FYB guidelines.
Fall Allocation Meeting (For Spring 2022):
Fill out the following form to request a budget for the Spring 2022 semester.
These forms must be filled out during the Spring allocation cycle:
- Club Activation and Constitution Form
- Meeting and Event Proposal Form
- Club Budget Proposal Form
- LEVEL Budget Allocation Sheet (Attach to Club Budget Proposal Form)
Complete this form for all check requests for clubs who have an approved budget for the semester or have received funds from the Funding You Board. Be sure to keep all receipts and submit them to the VP of Finance within one week following the event.
Check Requests must be submitted by Tuesday at 3:00pm to be available for pickup by the following Thursday by 3:00 pm. Physical Check Request forms are available outside of the Student Senate office.
Allocation of Receipts:
Receipts must be turned in within one week of the event. Physical receipts can be returned in an envelope clearly labeled with the club name and event in the hanging wall folder outside of the Student Senate office. Digital copies of receipts may be turned in within the Wufoo form below.
How much do I have left in my club’s budget?
We encourage all clubs to track their spending throughout the semester using the following Club Tracking Sheet. If a club needs clarification on how much is left in their budget they can contact FundingYouBoard@Hiram.edu with their club name questions about their budget amount.
Fill out this form if you would like to petition to become a higher LEVEL club. The club LEVEL breakdown can be found in the Funding You Board – Student Handbook. This petition will be reviewed by the Funding You Board and either approved or denied.
Procedure to Start a New Club:
- Gather the three necessary materials:
- an interest list of students
- a tentative group of officers
- and a club constitution.
- Set up a meeting with the VP of Activities to review the constitution and discuss club questions, concerns, and suggestions.
- At least one officer must attend the designated Student Senate meeting to present the club for approval.
- Once the club has been approved by Student Senate, they will be eligible to receive funding from the Funding You Board.
Procedure to Become an Active Club:
- Attend 2 President’s Round Tables per semester. Fall 2021 President’s Round Table meetings will take place on September 12, October 10, and November 14.
- Complete all necessary Wufoo Forms on time.
- In the necessary Wufoo forms, you will need to list your Executive Board members for the year to come, upload an updated constitution, and upload a budget request.
- You must be registered as an active club or organizations to receive any funds.
Lyndey Johns, VP of Finance
Members of Funding You Board:
- Vice President of Finance, Student Senate – Lyndsey Johns (Chair)
- Vice President of Activities, Student Senate – Emily Toich (Vice-Chair)
- Senate Representative – Mellreanna Ferguson
- Senate Representative –
- Scarborough School of Business & Communication Representative – Natalie May
- School of Education, Civic Leadership, & Social Change – Michael Dietzen
- School of Health & Medical Humanities – Mason Cebulla
- School of Arts, Humanities, & Culture – Jeffrey Robb
- School of Science & Technology – Rachna Prasad