Planning An Event
- Backward Calendar – Planning an event? Learn how to work backwards!
- Planning a successful event
- Event Accessibility Checklist
Need to Request Funds?
- Need to request money for a new event or access money that you have budgeted for the year?
- Check out the Funding You Board Website: http://www.hiram.edu/involvement/funding-you-board
- Would you like to have your information sent out to all of campus via email? Fill out this Wufoo and attach a JPEG of your event poster: https://hiram.wufoo.com/forms/mass-email-marketing-form/
- Media Center Policy for Student Organizations
- Henry Field Usage Policy
- Student Leadership Center Policy
- Hiram College General Posting Policies and Procedures
Reserve the Space
- Event and Space Reservation Form – Need to reserve a space on campus for your event?
- Policy on Alcohol at Events/Registration Form – Throwing a party with alcohol? You must fill out a party form!
- Student Leadership Center Reservation Request Form
- Liability Waiver Form – Traveling somewhere? Your students must fill out waivers!
Donation Drives/ Fundraisers
- Fundraising Guidelines and Request Form – Want to fundraise for your group?
- Donation-Collection Request Form – Collecting donations of any kind?
Conducting a Protest,Vigil, or Demonstration
Anyone who wishes to stage a demonstration, protest, or vigil on College property should fill out the form below. After which the individual or group will receive contact and arrange a meeting with Center for Student Engagement and Campus Safety to discuss College policy, demonstration-specific regulations, and safety issues. Lastly, a space is to be reserved with the Special Events Office for the event. Protesters may be assigned to particular places on campus by Campus Safety Officers. The college reserves the right to control the time, place, and manner of events that occur on campus.
Common Program Cheat Sheets
These sheets provide you a “to do” list of how to plan a couple types of event from start to finish.