Schedule of Events for Traditional College Students:
Monday, October 21st
Tie-dye Spirit Shirts Hosted by TAB
We have custom made shirts with the Terrier head on the front that you can tie-dye red and blue to wear to the big game on Saturday!
- 210 shirts provided for first come first serve
- KC Lawn, 6:30 -8:30 PM
Tuesday, October 22nd
IES Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Dress up in your best Halloween costume for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. Teams of 5 at the most, winning team will receive a $25 Amazon gift card. Fill out this Wufoo in order to sign up to play. For more information, contact Kaitlyn Morse.
- Meet in the lobby of the Coleman Center, 7 PM
Wednesday, October 23rd
Pumpkin Carving Hosted by SAAC
Nice warm bonfire with s’mores, pumpkin carving and fall treats!
- Pumpkins and tools provided
- B/C Lawn, 6-8 PM
Thursday, October 24th
Spooky Magician Peter Boie “Summoning Spirits”
Peter’s show is about two things, astonishing magic, and having a good time; and he doesn’t skimp on either. Combining original mind blowing magic, and a heavy dose of humor is his secret to success and why it’s made him one of the top booked college acts around the country. Peter recently showcased his talents on national TV, where he performed for the CW Network’s hit show, Penn & Teller Fool Us. He was also nominated for “Entertainer of the Year 2015” from Campus Activities Magazine. Check out his website, or a video of him here. Alumni Invited!
- Hayden Auditorium, 8 PM (Pick up a ticket for the show at the KC welcome desk!)
Friday, October 25th
Hiram Spirit Night & Corn-hole Tournament
Come get your spirit on the night before the big game! We will have some performances, special desserts such as hot fudge sundaes and decorate your own spirit cookie, decorate a spirit poster, and join in the corn hole tournament! Lots of fun to be had!
- Hiram College Dining Hall, 7-9 PM
Hydration Olympics Hosted by SAAC
- Hiram College Dining Hall, 9-11 PM
Saturday, October 26th
Connect with fellow alumni and potential future students. There will be Corn-hole, Giant Jenga, Connect Four and other yard games with a tailgate lunch.
- Parking Lot behind East Hall, 11:30-2 PM
Hiram Terriers VS. Ohio Wesleyan Battling Bishops
- Charles A. Henry Field, 1 PM
Hot Dog Eating Contest at Half Time Hosted by SAAC
There will be a hot dog eating contest at halftime of the football game. It will be $1 to participate. The contest will be how many hot dogs you can eat in 2 minutes.
Spooktacular Homecoming Party
Spooky Laser tag, glow putt putt, and two escape rooms on the 2nd floor of the Kennedy Center (Only 10 pm to Midnight). DJ and bar in the lower level of the Kennedy Center (10 pm to 1 am). Tons of spooky food and fun. Halloween costumes are optional, but encourage (No masks, we must be able to see your face!). Registration will be on the main floor (Enter through the main KC doors) **Guests will be $10 at the door**
- Kennedy Center, 10 PM – 1 AM
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT SARAH DOWD AT email@example.com.
Alumni Schedule of Events:
SATURDAY, OCT. 26, 2019
It’s time to return to Hiram Hill for Homecoming! Come cheer on the team at the Homecoming football game as our Terriers take on the Battling Bishops.
10 A.M. – WILLIAM H. HOLLINGER ATHLETICS HALL OF FAME BRUNCH & INDUCTION CEREMONY
BALLROOM, KENNEDY CENTER
- This year eight Terrier alumni will be awarded membership into the Hall of Fame.
- Registration is required for this event.
11:30 A.M. – FOOTBALL REUNION
FOOTBALL ALUMNI TENT/SOUTH END OF HENRY FIELD
- Football alumni will enjoy a tailgate lunch, an update from Coach Henry Stanford and exclusive seating on the field for the football game.
- Registration is required and is separate from Homecoming registration. Attendees do not need to register for both Homecoming and the Football Reunion.
11:30 A.M. – 2 P.M. – TERRIER TAILGATE
TAILGATE TENT IN THE PARKING LOT BEHIND EAST HALL AND NEXT TO PRICE GYMNASIUM
- Connect with fellow alumni, current students and potential future students.
- Corn-hole, Giant Jenga, Connect Four and other yard games.
- Tailgate lunch.
- Beer tent (cash only).
1 P.M. – HIRAM TERRIERS VS. OHIO WESLEYAN BATTLING BISHOPS
CHARLES A. HENRY FIELD
- Cheer on the Terriers!
- Registration for Homecoming includes a ticket to enter the game.
Stop by the alumni hospitality tent for:
- A free t-shirt (first 50 attendees)
- An Alumni name tag and other giveaways
- Giveaway contest sponsored by Liberty Mutual
The bookstore will be open from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and is running a 15% off sale in honor of homecoming. All Hiram gear will be 15% off.
Hiram College now charges $5 to attend our football games so that we may recoup some of the expenses to host the games. Register for homecoming by clicking the button above. Your $5 registration includes a tailgate lunch, a ticket to watch the game, access to yard games, alumni giveaways and other fun activities. Please be sure to check-in at the registration table upon your arrival where you will get your game day ticket and tailgate lunch.
Game day programs will also be on sale for $3 each. Cash only.
The Coleman Center lot and Gelbke lot will be available for parking.
**All guests attending the Homecoming dance must be 18 years or older based on the sale of alcohol at this event. Must have a valid photo ID.
Homecoming is sponsored by the Terrier Activities Board, the Office of Campus Involvement (OCI), Alumni Relations, SAAC and Hiram College Athletics. Homecoming has become a premier event on campus.