CONGRATULATIONS … almost!
All graduating students must complete the following tasks in preparation for graduation to ensure participation in celebratory events and the Commencement ceremony. The following ‘to do list’ is intended to assure there is a clear understanding of what needs to happen as graduation approaches. Please review this information carefully and contact the appropriate office with any questions.
- BE SURE YOU HAVE APPLIED TO GRADUATE AND MET FOR A GRADUATION AUDIT. Those graduating in May must apply and meet for an audit by February 1. The CAS students should contact a Center for Adult Studies program counselor for an appointment. For further information on graduation requirements, go to http://www.hiram.edu/academic-support-services/registrar/graduation-requirements.
- BE SURE THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE HAS YOUR CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS. The registrar confirms each student’s current mailing address during the graduation petition meeting. If you believe that this address is incorrect, please contact the Registrar’s Office immediately. Commencement information letters will be mailed out in March to the mailing address on file in the Registrar’s Office. Most importantly, this mailing address is used for sending your diploma.
- ORDER CAPS AND GOWNS. Be sure to order your cap and gown through www.herffjones.com/college/hiram. DEADLINE is Friday, March 26, 2021.
- ORDER GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS. (Optional) Personalized graduation announcements are available to order through herffjones.com/college/hiram .
- DIRECT LOAN BORROWERS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE EXIT LOAN COUNSELING BEFORE GRADUATION. To complete the Direct Loan Exit Counseling log on to https://studentloans.gov/. Questions regarding the Direct Loan Exit Counseling can be answered by calling the financial aid office at 330.569.5107.
MARCH & APRIL
- REGISTER FOR COMMENCEMENT WATCH PARTY TICKETS. Be sure to register for Commencement Watch Party tickets by Friday, April 30, using the on-line registration system. Details can be found under Registration and Tickets.
- CHECK YOUR eBILL WEEKLY BEGINNING IN APRIL. Beginning in April, check your eBill regularly for any outstanding balance that must be paid. Any final charges such as library fines, parking fines, etc. are continually added to your bill as quickly as possible so please check WEEKLY and watch for emails from Student Accounts and bills in the mail. You can access your bill on-line through eBill safely and securely 24/7 by logging onto Student Portal and clicking on the eBill link. Payment can be made through the link on eBill, at www.hiram.edu/paymybill, at the Student Accounts counter, or by mail. Hiram College reserves the right to withhold a student’s grades, transcript and diploma if there is an unpaid balance.
- COMPLETE THE CAREER CENTER FIRST DESTINATION SURVEY here
- RETURN ALL OF YOUR LIBRARY MATERIALS AND PAY ANY LIBRARY FINES.
- PICK UP YOUR CAP AND GOWN STARTING ON MAY 3, 2021 in the Bookstore.
- JOIN THE ONLINE ALUMNI COMMUNITY. As a Hiram College alumni, you automatically join a career network of more than 15,000 alumni.
- The easiest way to take advantage of this is through the online alumni community. Register at alumni.hiram.edu to connect with others in your career field and geographic area.
- Stay in touch with classmates through your class page and blog, post an online class note, and let others know what you are up to. This is also a great way to keep Hiram updated with your contact information to ensure you receive all of our communications about opportunities for alumni.
- Join the Hiram College Alumni Facebook and Linked In groups. Just search “Hiram College Alumni” on both sites to find those groups.
- ATTEND REHEARSAL. Attendance at Commencement Rehearsal is required for all graduates since you will receive full instructions about the academic procession and procedures. The rehearsal will last approximately 45 minutes and will be presented via Zoom. Seniors will receive a link when the rehearsal is scheduled.
- ATTEND REQUIRED FINAL EXAMS. Students are reminded that the approval of graduating seniors at the May faculty meeting is subject to change depending on final exams results and final grades. Therefore, not attending final exams, unless explicitly excused by the professor, could result in not graduating on May 15.
- STUDENTS NOTIFIED THAT THEY ARE AT RISK OF NOT GRADUATING MUST GO TO REGISTRAR’S OFFICE TO CONFIRM GRADUATION STATUS. Any student who seems to be in danger of NOT GRADUATING (based on preliminary course grades) will be informed of this fact by phone, email, text or registered mail between May 11 – 14. Students who receive such notices should contact the Registrar’s Office by Friday, May 14 to be certain they will graduate.
- BE ON TIME FOR LINE UP FOR COMMENCEMENT. All graduating students are to line up in cap and gown at Price Gymnasium located in the Coleman Sports Center. You MUST be there at 1 p.m. or risk not marching.
- The senior class picture will be taken during the commencement ceremony.