THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Hiram College’s Commencement ceremony includes the Dean of the College reading each graduate’s name as they process to the front. They will be given a diploma folder and will be congratulated.
All students with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or above after Summer semester will be listed with Latin honors in the Commencement program and the honor will be announced with their name during Commencement. Final Latin honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude) will be awarded officially after final grades are recorded. If the student’s cumulative G.P.A. is 3.5 or above, the associated Latin honor will appear on their diploma which will be mailed four to six weeks after Commencement. All final Latin honors and departmental honors will be noted on their final transcript.
PLEASE NOTE: All persons participating in the December 2019 Commencement ceremony are considered 2019 graduates.
COMMENCEMENT LOCATION & TICKET INFORMATION
The Commencement exercises will be held indoors at Hayden Auditorium, located in Bates Hall. Tickets are required. Each graduate may register for up to ten (10) guaranteed tickets to allow family and friends to attend the ceremony. Graduates may also request additional tickets in the event more tickets are needed. Extra tickets will be distributed evenly based upon the wish list requests when registration closes on November 29. Graduates will be notified by December 2 of any additional tickets they will be receiving. Ticket packets will be available for pick up the week of Commencement.
Tickets are NOT available on Commencement Day. All graduates must register by November 29.
2019 Photographer (photos should be available two to three weeks after graduation): www.gradimages.com or call 800.261.2576. Once photos are available, you will be asked to enter graduate’s name, school, and graduation year.
Check out the 2019 Commencement Ceremony and Photos:
Photos and more from past Commencements:
- 2018 Commencement Ceremony
- 2018 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2017 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2017 Commencement Ceremony
- 2016 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2015 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams on Flickr
- Friday, November 1 – Deadline for ordering caps and gowns
- Friday, November 1 – Deadline for graduation application and audit
- Friday, November 29 – Deadline to register for Commencement and Brunch tickets
- If you have questions, please contact the Special Events Office at 330.569.5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If we can’t help you directly, we’ll find someone who can.