THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Join us on Saturday, May 16, 2020 at 2 p.m. for Hiram College’s 170th Commencement ceremony at the Martin Field House, located in the Coleman Sports, Recreation and Fitness Center.
Graduates are presented with a diploma folder by the Dean of the College, and congratulated by the College President and the Chair of the Board of Trustees. All students with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or above after the Fall 2019 semester will be listed with Latin honors in the Commencement program and the honor will be announced with their name during Commencement. Latin honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude) will be awarded officially after final grades are recorded. If the student’s cumulative G.P.A. is 3.5 or above, the associated Latin honor will appear on their diploma which will be mailed four to six weeks after Commencement. All final Latin honors and departmental honors will be noted on their final transcript.
COMMENCEMENT TICKET INFORMATION
Tickets are required. Each graduate may register for up to five (5) guaranteed tickets to allow family and friends to attend the ceremony. Graduates may also request additional tickets in the event more tickets are needed. Extra tickets will be distributed evenly based upon the wish list requests when registration closes on May 1, 2020. Graduates will be notified by May 6 of any additional tickets they will be receiving. Ticket packets will be available for pick up the week of Commencement.
Tickets are NOT available on Commencement Day. All graduates must register by May 1.
A photographer will be present to take a photo of each graduate receiving their degree. Photos should be available two to three weeks after graduation.
Check out the 2019 Commencement Ceremony and Photos:
Photos and more from past Commencements:
- 2018 Commencement Ceremony
- 2018 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2017 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2017 Commencement Ceremony
- 2016 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2015 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams on Flickr
- Monday, February 3– Deadline for graduation application and audit
- Friday, March 20 – Deadline for ordering caps and gowns
- Thursday, April 23 – Countdown to Graduation
- Friday, May 1 – Deadline to register for Commencement and Brunch tickets
- Thursday, May 14 – Commencement Rehearsal
- Friday, May 15 – Baccalaureate
If you have questions, please contact the Events Office at 330.569.5900 or email email@example.com for assistance. If we can’t help you directly, we’ll find someone who can.