THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Join us on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 2 p.m. for Hiram College’s 169th Commencement ceremony at the Martin Field House, located in the Coleman Sports, Recreation and Fitness Center.
Graduates are presented with a diploma folder by the Dean of the College, and congratulated by the College President and the Chair of the Board of Trustees. All students with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or above after Fall semester will be listed with Latin honors in the Commencement program and the honor will be announced with their name during Commencement. Latin honors (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude) will be officially awarded after final grades are recorded and the associated Latin honor will appear on deserving diplomas. All Latin honors as well as departmental honors will be noted on final transcripts. Diplomas will be mailed approximately four to six weeks after Commencement.
COMMENCEMENT TICKET INFORMATION
Tickets are required. Each graduate may register for up to five (5) guaranteed tickets to allow family and friends to attend the ceremony. Graduates may also request additional tickets that will be distributed evenly based upon the wish list requests when registration closes on April 26. Graduates will be notified by May 3 of any additional tickets they will be receiving. Ticket packets will be available for pick up the week of Commencement. All graduates must register by April 26 to ensure tickets are reserved for their guests.
Tickets are NOT available on Commencement Day.
The ceremony will be streamed live and shown in Price Gym, which is near Martin Field House. This provides a seating option for guests who do not have tickets.
Our 2019 Commencement Photographer is GradImages. Photographs should be available to order two to three weeks after graduation.
Check out the 2018 Commencement Ceremony and Photos:
Photos and more from past Commencements:
- 2017 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2017 Commencement Ceremony
- 2016 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- 2015 Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams
- Photos by Kasey-Samuel Adams on Flickr
- Thursday, March 24 – Deadline for ordering caps and gowns
- Thursday, April 18 – Countdown to Graduation
- Friday, April 26 – Deadline to register for Commencement and Brunch tickets
- Saturday, May 4 (tentative) – Professional and Graduate Studies Commencement Rehearsal
- Thursday, May 9 – Traditional Student Commencement Rehearsal
- Friday, May 10 – Baccalaureate
If you have questions, please contact the Special Events Office at 330.569.5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.