Image: Student studying at the library
Financial Aid Verification
If you have been selected for verification, it is nothing to worry about. The federal government selects approximately 30% of all financial aid applicants for verification and it is the school’s responsibility to complete this process on their behalf.
In the verification process, we compare the information that was submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the information you provide. If changes are necessary, we will make those corrections electronically for you.
We have implemented an electronic process to submit requested documentation to us. Please follow these steps to complete the verification process:
- The student logs into their Web for Student account using their Hiram College credentials and navigates to the Student Requirements section. Step-by-step instructions can be found by clicking here.
- Once logged into the system, our online portal will walk you through the process of completing, uploading (if necessary), and e-signing any requested documents.
- Once all required documentation is completed, the student will submit the file for review.
- The student’s financial aid counselor will begin their review. Review times vary based upon the time of the year, but on average it takes about one week from submission.
- You will be notified via email once the process has been completed or if additional information is needed.
Parent(s) of dependent students: if parental information is needed, the student will initiate an account for you once they have submitted all required paperwork. You will then create & log-in with the information the student assigns you.