Image: Student studying at the library
Financial Aid Services at Hiram
Applying for financial aid may seem to be a complex and confusing process. The financial aid section of the Hiram College website is designed to help you navigate this process. Additionally, staff members in Hiram’s financial aid office are ready to assist you with your questions and concerns.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to the highest standards of service to our students and their families and complies with all federal, state and institutional policies surrounding the awarding and processing of all forms of financial aid. As members of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), we follow their Code of Conduct, which is as follows: Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit;
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves;
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain;
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid;
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a governmental entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity;
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
FINANCIAL AID FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Financial Services Office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays all year, except on national holidays.