Applying for Financial Aid and Eligibility
- Apply for Financial Aid/File the FAFSA (Hiram College’s School Code is 003049)
- Get Federal PIN Personal ID Number
Hiram College Financial Aid Handbook and Award Guides
- Financial Aid Handbook
- Traditional College Award Guide
- Professional & Graduate Studies Award Guide
- Information Sheet for Students with Dual Enrollment
Financial Aid Forms
2017-2018 Documents (for Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018)
Students selected for verification for the 2017-2018 academic year should refer to our ‘Verification’ page for instructions on how to submit any required documents electronically using our new Online Verification tool.
- 2017-2018 Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- 2017-2018 Petition for Dependency Override Form
- 2017-2018 Special Circumstance Form
2018-2019 Documents (for Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019)
Students selected for verification for the 2018-2019 academic year should refer to our ‘Verification’ page for instructions on how to submit any required documents electronically using our Online Verification tool. Anyone requesting an appeal for Special Circumstance must also go through the verification process.
A Dependency Override Request can be completed if the student is currently considered a dependent student (as determined by Step 3 of the FAFSA), but believe there are extenuating circumstances that may qualify him/her to be considered an independent student. Please note none of the following circumstances qualify for a dependency override:
- Parents refuse to contribute to your education;
- Parents are unwilling to provide information on your FAFSA;
- Parents do not claim you as a dependent for tax purposes; or
- You demonstrate total self-sufficiency.
2018-2019 Petition for Dependency Override Request is completed online. Click here to complete the appeal form and upload supporting documentation. You will need to create an account, unless you have already created an account through the financial aid verification process. Once logged in, click “Request” and select Dependency Appeal.
2018 Summer Financial Aid Documents
Summer Financial Aid Application – Please note that summer financial aid is limited, and students are typically awarded any remaining financial aid from the 2017-2018 academic year. In addition, you must be accepted into a degree-seeking program and must be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours for undergraduate students, 3 hours for graduate students), unless you are requesting only summer work-study. Both Traditional College Students and Professional and Graduate Studies Students can complete a Summer Financial Aid Application to determine if you qualify for Summer Financial Aid.
- Consortium Agreement
- Disciples of Christ Grant Verification Form
- Financial Aid Planning Form – This form is now available to complete and submit online.
- FERPA Release Form – this form is completed by the student to allow us the ability to discuss their financial aid with others
- Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet
- 2018-2019 Satisfactory Academic Progress and 5th year Appeal Form is completed online.
- You will need to create an account, unless you have already created an account through the financial aid verification process.
- Once logged in, click “Request” at the top right of the page and select SAP Appeal.
- Complete the request form including your statement.
- Upload the completed and signed Satisfactory Academic Progress Academic Plan form.
- Upload any other supporting documentation.
Terrier Cash/Triple D request (former Book Voucher)
If your financial aid exceeds your semester charges, you can use some of this excess aid to help pay for books in the bookstore or purchase one of the dining options available to commuters. To utilize this option, log into your eBill via the Student Portal and click on “eBill”. Once there, enter the current semester and in the upper right hand corner, click on “Terrier Cash/Triple D Request Form”. (Please note: you will need your Hiram user name and password to access the Student Portal. Any problems with accessing Student Portal should be sent to the Dray Computer Center Help Desk at 330.569.5313).
Other Financial Aid Links
- U.S. Department of Education
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- www.finaid.org (EFC calculator and scholarship searches)
- Ohio Tuition Trust Authority
Whether you have been awarded work-study or not, you are able to work on-campus. To locate jobs on-campus and in the surrounding community, log-on to Student Job Central via the Student Portal and clicking on “Hiram College Portal” at the top of the page. (Please note: you will need your Hiram user name and password to access the Student Portal. Any problems with accessing Student Portal should be sent to the Dray Computer Center Help Desk at 330.569.5313.