Education Teacher Licensure Degree
Thinking of preparing for a career of successful leadership in today’s diverse school systems? Hiram College’s teacher licensure candidates rank among the top in the state with 100% of our candidates passing the educator licensure exams. Plus, graduates with an education degree consistently rate their preparation in using technology to enhance teaching and student learning above the state average. Find out how the education major blends coursework with field experience to prepare graduates for the classroom.
Students who take part in our Bachelor of Arts in Education will learn at our beautiful campus in Hiram, Ohio, conveniently located centrally to Cleveland, Akron, and Youngstown.
Education Major Accreditation
The Education Program at Hiram College is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Individual licensure programs are approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Early Childhood program is nationally recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
4-Year Undergraduate Degree
Licensure Areas & Institutional Reports
Educational Studies Degree
The Education Department at Hiram College also offers a liberal arts, non-licensure Educational Studies Major with Areas of Concentration such as Academic Support Services, Children with Exceptionalities, Juvenile Justice Education, Youth Support Counseling, and more.
About the Bachelor of Arts in Education PrograM
Our northeast Ohio education teacher licensure program focuses on critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity, and through these aspects majors prepare to teach a diverse, dynamic student body. Hiram teacher candidates learn by doing, both out in the field and in campus classrooms, with faculty supporting them as they engage in deep and connected experiences with learners. The Education Program is nationally accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Individual licensure programs are approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Image: education degree, Northeast Ohio
Career Paths with a Bachelor of Arts in Education
Our program prepares students to excel as teachers, and prepares them to enter graduate programs in areas such as:
- Education Leadership
“My favorite class so far has been Personal and Community Health with Dr. Roxanne Sorrick. I learned a lot of useful information in this class that I know will help me out when I am a teacher.”
Image: education degree, Northeast Ohio
Ways to Get involved
The Hiram College Education Club is a student-run organization that works to promote the welfare and ongoing education of both children and adults, to coordinate and facilitate ongoing and one-time educational programs for Hiram students, and to work cooperatively with other organizations.
Why Choose Hiram College for Your Education Teacher Licensure Program in Northeast Ohio?
There are a variety of benefits to choosing Hiram College for your northeast Ohio education studies degree, including:
- Experienced and knowledgeable faculty – We have a dedicated group of faculty members, with 89% of this faculty holding a Ph.D. or other terminal degree in their field of expertise.
- 100% pass rate – Hiram College upholds a 100% pass rate on teacher licensure exams. This showcases how our graduates are fully equipped to meet licensing and state requirements.
- 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio – Due to smaller class sizes, Hiram students can build closer relationships with their professors. This allows them additional networking opportunities and makes for increased engagement in their education degree courses.
- A variety of minors – Students can choose between 38 minors, giving them the opportunity to learn in a variety of areas of study based on their aspirations in addition to their education major.
- Student activities and organizations – We offer 40+ on-campus student clubs and organizations for students to get involved in an environment outside of their education degree.
- Off-campus studies – Hiram provides students with the option to travel domestically or internationally across six different continents to study abroad and experience new places.
Hiram College is the perfect place for students located in Cleveland, Youngstown, Akron, and beyond to get an education degree and get involved in extracurriculars.
Check out our about page for more information on Hiram College and highlights of our northeast Ohio education teacher licensure program. Be sure to contact us with any questions!
Jennifer McCreight, Ph.D.
Roxanne Sorrick, Ed.D.
Richard Garris, Ph.D.
Kelly NewVine, Ph.D.
Kathleen Maretka, M.A.
View all of our academic areas of study and find your true calling as a student at Hiram.