Emerging Scholars Program
The Emerging Scholars Program is ideal for students who experienced academic challenges in high school or who may not have performed to their full potential.
Image: Emerging Scholars
DISCOVER YOUR POTENTIAL
The Emerging Scholars Program works with the Admission staff to identify students who have the drive, motivation, work ethic, and belief in themselves to thrive in college and improve their academic trajectory.
As an Emerging Scholar, you can take your experiences and opportunities for academic enrichment, professional development and interdisciplinary discourse to new heights. Some of the perks include:
The program provides academic, social, and cultural enrichment; courses and activities tailored to enhance academic performance; and sustained support for selected students during their first year of study.
As an Emerging Scholar you will be given the tools and encouragement that will help you maximize on your ability to thrive in the classroom and in broader areas of campus life.
Benefits of the Emerging Scholars Program
As you adjust to the pace of college life, ESP will work with you to help you stay on track. Some of the added benefits of participating in the program include:
- Regular Access to the Program Director – In the summer prior to your arrival to campus, you will get to know the Program Director. Then, once the semester begins the two of you will have a biweekly check-in meeting to develop your individual success plan and address any needs or concerns that you may have. The Director will also serve as your academic advisor during your first year.
- Priority Registration – Scholars are permitted to register early for one course spring semester.
- Cohort Based courses – Each semester a variety of courses will be available to Emerging Scholars only.
- Apps and Resources for your iPad – You will receive a series of free apps and resources that will help with stress and time management, study skills, and general academic organization. We also offer a series of related resource workshops throughout the year that will enhance your overall academic performance.
- Student Athlete Scholars (SAS) – Being a student athlete is simultaneously exciting and demanding. Athlete Scholars will receive personalized support with an emphasis on time management, motivation, and balancing the responsibilities of their sport and their classes.
- Access to a Community of Other Motivated New Students – You will have sense of belonging and a firm foundation on which to establish your college career.
- First Days Activities for Emerging Scholars – After moving in, you will have the opportunity to meet the other scholars, staff, and participate in activities to become acclimated to campus life before Fall classes start.
Interested in the Scholars Program? Use the links below to learn more about the program’s opportunities.