ARCH Tutoring Program:
- Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8-10 pm
- Hinsdale Hall, Hinsdale 131
- Drop-in Tutoring in the ARCH begins Monday, January 25, 2021 at 8pm.
The Writing Center:
- The Writing Center is open afternoons and evenings, Sunday through Thursday. Reference the above links.
- Located in the Stephen and Jacquelyn Love Writing House, on Hinsdale Street next to Bonney Castle.
- Drop-in and appointment tutoring in the Writing Center begins Monday, January 25, 2021 at 6pm.
Distance/E-Mail Tutoring: If you are unable to attend regular face-to-face tutoring hours, Online, Center for Adult Studies (CAS) and College Credit Plus (CCP) students who wish to work with a Writing Assistant should send a tutoring request to WritingCenter@hiram.edu. The request should include:
- Your name, year (CCP, first-year, junior, etc.), course, and instructor.
- A copy of the document the student wishes to work on (preferably in Word format: .doc or .docx).
- A copy of prompt (the assignment the professor gave to students in the class).
Writing Assistants should respond in approximately 24 hours (longer on weekends) in order to set up either e-mail tutoring or tutoring via Zoom or FaceTime (to be arranged between Writing Assistant and student).
Writing Assistants are trained and experienced peer writing tutors available in the Writing Center, the ARCH, and online to help you with papers at any stage in the writing process. We have tutors from a variety of majors, so don’t be afraid to ask for help with papers from any discipline.
For more information contact:
Jeffrey Swenson, Associate Professor of English
“I had heard that Hiram was a big writing school, but never thought much about what that would mean. Now, I understand that the writing here is truly all-encompassing. There is no escaping it. I did not intend on avoiding it, but did not plan on honing it as my craft. Now, I ask myself what I am writing, why I am writing, and how it can be better said. In short, I care.”
– A first year student reviewing her paper