As a part of the ARCH Tutoring Program:
- Monday through Thursday, 8-10 pm
- Hinsdale Hall, Hinsdale 216
- Tutoring in the ARCH begins September 4, 2018 at 8 p.m.
In The Writing Center:
- The Writing Center is open afternoons and evenings, Sunday through Thursday. See schedule attached and below for hours and tutors.
- Located in the Stephen and Jacquelyn Love Writing House, on Hinsdale Street next to Bonney Castle.
- Drop-in and appointment tutoring in the Writing Center begins Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 6 p.m.
If you are unable to attend regular tutoring hours, WEC, CCP and PGS students who need help with their essays should contact these tutors via e-mail.The PGS/Weekend College/CCP tutors for this semester are:
Writing Assistants are trained and experienced peer writing tutors available in the Writing Center and the ARCH to help you with papers at any stage in the writing process. We have tutors from a variety of majors, so don’t be afraid to ask for help with papers from any discipline.
We look forward to seeing you in the Writing Center.
For more information contact:
Jeffrey Swenson, Associate Professor of English
“I had heard that Hiram was a big writing school, but never thought much about what that would mean. Now, I understand that the writing here is truly all-encompassing. There is no escaping it. I did not intend on avoiding it, but did not plan on honing it as my craft. Now, I ask myself what I am writing, why I am writing, and how it can be better said. In short, I care.”
– A first year student reviewing her paper