Academic Dismissal (Suspension) Readmission Forms for Traditional and Center for Adult Studies Students
Please note: Application materials for Readmission following academic dismissal should be completed and sent to the Academic Review Board via the Dean’s Office, Hiram College, PO Box 67, Hiram, OH 44234.
Withdrawal Readmission Process and Forms for Traditional Students
Students who have withdrawn from Hiram College for a semester or longer, must apply for readmission by completing a Readmission after Withdrawal Application. In addition, the following must also be submitted:
- A personal statement which includes the following information:
- Why did you leave Hiram? What has changed or will be different when returning to Hiram?
- Please outline your plan for success at Hiram.
- What you have been doing (working, attending school, etc.) since your withdrawal from Hiram?
- If you were administratively asked to leave and/or involved with judicial action, what has changed to ensure your success upon return?
- Contact information for two personal references; in ARB cases, reference letters must also be submitted.
- If you have attended institution(s) elsewhere, please submit to the Registrar’s Office:
- Official Transcript(s).
- Re-admission Waiver(s).
- A readmission fee of $100 and $100 housing deposit (if applicable) is required. Please make the payment online at www.hiram.edu/deposit, send to PO Box 1808 Hiram, OH 44234, or in person in the Office of Student Accounts. If readmission is denied the deposit(s) will be refunded.
- In some cases, a personal interview is required.
Once all documentation has been received, your readmission file will be reviewed by the College, at which time a personal interview with College officials may be required. When a readmission decision has been made, you will be notified.
Readmission procedures must be completed prior to the beginning of the term for which the student has applied. Those who need financial assistance should contact the Director of Financial Aid, since previous loans, jobs or scholarships are not automatically reinstated upon readmission.
Questions regarding readmission procedures can be directed to Theresa Drake Fuller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 330.569.5214. College transcripts and readmission forms should be mailed to:
PO Box 67
Hiram OH 44234
Hiram College reserves the right to deny readmission to any student for reasons including, but not limited to, outstanding financial obligations, academic deficiencies, college disciplinary actions, or convictions of criminal activity. Students will be informed by phone and by mail about the College’s readmission decision. Students can appeal a denial of readmission through the Enrollment Management Committee. Appeals must be made in writing within three business days of receiving denial notification and submitted to Hiram College Registrar’s Office, PO Box 67, Hiram OH 44234.
If a student’s application for readmission is accepted but the student defers his/her return to a later semester, a new readmission application must be submitted at the time the student is ready to return.